Both Connect facilitators have a background in General Practice and medical education. They share extensive experience teaching communication skills to different groups from undergraduate medical students and international medical graduates, to graduate programmes and groups of experienced clinicians.
“Our focus is on three important strands of professional practice: Communications Skills, Reflective Practice (including Supervision) and Health and Well-being. In all three areas we recognise that while some groups have similar training needs, the requirements are so diverse, that there are many situations which will require the development of a specific programme. Our approachable team will allocate a Connect member to work closely with you, so that together we can design the ideal training package for your purpose. This straightforward and effective approach will ensure that you receive a unique programme tailored to meet your specific requirements.”
The Connect approach:
- We provide professional, respectful and confidential facilitation and tuition
- We prioritise interactive learning methods to engage participants in an enjoyable way
- When needed we use professional actors to create a dynamic and authentic learning experience
- We use up to date methods of coaching, with actor-simulated consultations, which can be recorded audio-visually if required
- Regular individual feedback is given to support optimum and dynamic learning
- Connect has an exceptionally high pass rate for doctors preparing for exams
- Participants tell us that their improved skills have led to better relationships with patients, colleagues and also family members
- Participants often surprise themselves by having fun!